10 Spring Safety Tips
With spring weather rolling in, here’s a few tips to stay safe and healthy while you enjoy the beautiful days ahead with your dog!
- Be sure all of your open windows or doors have screens and there’s no chance of your dog escaping through an open window or doorway.
- Be mindful of the temperature. Never leave your dog unattended in a car during warmer weather and always provide fresh, clean water.
- Brush up on harmful plants that your dog might have access to. Only plant safe plants in gardens or other areas that your dog might be interested in.
- Use pet safe fertilizers and pesticides.
- Hot pavement can burn your dog’s paws. Check the temperature with your own foot and walk your dog in grass or shaded areas during warmer weather.
- Stay current on heartworm and flea and tick preventatives. Fleas, ticks and mosquitoes thrive during the spring and summer months.
- Doing some spring cleaning? Use pet friendly cleaning products and store somewhere out of reach.
- If you’re going to be out and about more often, make sure all of your dog’s vaccinations are up to date.
- Stay hydrated! Always provide fresh, clean water.
- When traveling in the car, secure your dog safely. It can be unsafe to allow your dog to hang his head or body out of the window, we would recommend to secure your dog in a crate or car harness if he’s prone to doing that!
Most importantly, get out and enjoy that weather!
Set up your FREE consultation today. Check out our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/caseyraystl